Arkaitz Durán made it back to back wins this weekend with another dominating display in the Subida a Urraki yesterday.
The 25-year-old once again left his competitors with no chance whatsoever by soloing in over a minute ahead of his nearest challengers in the Torneo Euskaldun-ranked race. The Vitoria-native romped clear on the final climb of Urraki to seal the win ahead of 21-year-old Argentine team-mate Ariel Alejandro Sivori, formerly of Hostal Latorre, while another former ex-pro, Lizarte's Higinio Fernández, claimed the final podium spot. Borja Abásolo grabbed another strong result for Azysa with fourth, while Bidelan's 22-year-old duo Julen Mitxelena and Joseba del Barrio grabbed fifth and sixth. Former Naturgas Energía prodigy Alberto Guinea took eighth for Diputación León.
Naturgas Energía did not participate.
- 1, Arkaitz Durán (Azysa), 3:06:04
- 2, Ariel Sivori (Azsysa), 1:18
- 3, Higinio Fernández (Lizarte), s.t.
- 4, Borja Abásolo (Azysa), 3:08
- 5, Julen Mitxelena (Bidelan), s.t.
- 6, Joseba del Barrio (Bidelan), s.t.
- 7, Victor Puertas (Cafés Baqué), 4:58
- 8, Alberto Guinea (Diputación León), s.t.
- 9, Alexander Matrosov (Hostal Latorre), 5:32
- 10, Asier Bolivar (Aiala S.C), 6:09
Full results here.