Sunday, April 29, 2012

Just in: Izagirre crashes out


















Jon Izagirre has been forced to abandon the Vuelta a Asturias today after a crash.

The 23-year-old, who won yesterday's time trial and was in prime position to attack race leader Alejandro Marque on today's demanding final stage, suffered a puncture on the descent off of the cat.2 Cordal after approximately 35 kilometres. Trying to chase back on, he went to ground, but remounted and got going again. Allegedly he received some attention from the race doctor before deciding to call it quits. It was reported he was heading for the hospital, but it now transpires he's in the team car without any major injuries.

More later.

6 comments:

Kristof said...

Bad luck, I allready read it on dutch forum. Let's hope he has no serious injuries and he can participate in the Giro. With Nieve's level uncertain Euskaltel can use him there. If you see the general weak participate list for the Giro, Ion can become the surprise here!

Kristof said...

But... I really wonder why all Euskaltels crashes so much? It's really for years now and it's not one rider but the whole team who has this problem. Not every Basque can be a clumsy rider. Could it be there's more beyond, a problem with bycicles, tire profiles,...?

Magnus said...

I highly doubt it's got anything to do with the equipment. I'd say it's a few clumsy riders (Antón, Velasco, Txurruka) who crashes a lot, while the rest don't hit the tarmac more often than every other cyclist.

Bolsen3 said...

It has to be all about bike handling. Look at Samu, he never crashes unnecessarily

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've visited this website before but after looking at many of
the articles I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found
it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!


Feel free to visit my web site: skin derma pro complaints

Eman El-sherkawy said...

شركة كشف تسربات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف منازل بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف كنب بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف فلل بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالمدينة المنورة

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers