Saturday, April 17, 2010

'Fuji' pleased with win


Igor, or 'Fuji' as he's affectionately known, was naturally pleased with his awesome effort in yesterday's stage 3 of the Castilla y León which he went on to win ahead of Soler and Contador. Here's excerpts of what he said to the team's website after the stage: "I'm very pleased with the stage we did and the tangible result we got to show for it. It's an important win. I felt in good in Amorebieta (last Sunday), I attacked to win the race but there's was something missing. This time I managed to pull it off. You don't get a lot of chances to win, so you have to take them as they come along. To win on the Morredero is very difficult. It's a climb you have to know, and the rivals were of a high level; Contador, Mosquera, Soler... It was difficult to surprise them, they're all experienced riders, but I knew how to play my cards. I remained calm and attacked to win. I had nothing left and I'm very satisfied."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers