Thursday, July 17, 2008

Juanjo gives it a go

Juanjo tried his luck today on the 12th stage. He joined the breakaway duo with something like 50 kilometres to go, but they were all reeled back in with less than 10 clicks to go. A good try though; he's finding his feet nicely at his first Tour. It came down to the anticipated mass-sprint, in which no Euskaltel rider got in the mix. Everyone but Amets and Gorka, who's still suffering and came in dead last, rolled in with the pack. Due to Ricco's exclusion, Mikel is now 9th while Samu is 11th overall. Juanjo spoke to the team's website after his breakaway attempt: "I'm finding my feet little by little. I knew it'd be hard to stay away today, the sprinters' teams were in control all day, but it was worth a shot. It was very windy and you never know what might happen. This is my first Tour, and what I did today gives me confidence. There are still stages left to be raced, and we'll continue to try".

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers