After a healthy and good 2006 season, Euskaltel-Euskadi will soon commence on the 2007 campaign with many new riders and objectives. The way of managing the riders have been changed, many riders have left, a closer relationship with Orbea has been established and the youth policy is getting better and better. Though, one must always strive for perfectionism, and Euskaltel have a lot of things to work on. Here`s my list of things Euskaltel should try to get better on:
- Performing at a high level trough the entire season and in all races.
- Send stronger line-ups to races outside Spain (with the exception of the Tour of course ).
- Keep conflicts among riders and/or directeur sportives inside the team. Not everything has to be public.
- Should try, in some way, to follow the examples set by CSC and T-Mobile when it comes to taking anti-doping measures.
- Should improve UCI team-ranking position. Top 15 is definitely achievable.
- Should be more capable of keeping talented and strong riders at the team; like David Etxebarria, Iban Mayo, David Herrero, David Lopez, Joseba Beloki, Igor Gonzalez de Galdeano.
- Transforming good performances into wins.